Thursday, January 27, 2011

My Thing

In college, I had a friend who had a thing for Trees.  She seemed sort of mesmorized by them.  She thought they were beautiful.  She took pictures of them.  Well, my thing is the sky.  I have a thing for the sky.  Strange? Perhaps.  I get totally swept up in it.  I could probably stare at it for hours.  I love all types.  Cloudy, clear, blue and crisp, sunsets, sunrises.  I love driving over tall bridges because I feel like i'm about to fly off into it.  The picture above, was the other day on my way to work.  I happened to have my fancy camera with me.  The picture does it no justice.  None.  I was swept away at the beauty.  Maybe it's that the sky is untouched by humans.  It's still pure.  Painted perfectly by the Master's hands.  And we get to enjoy it's purity.  We get to breathe in it's beauty and be amazed and humbled at the creativity of the Author of Life. 

Recently, Stephen killed a 10 pt. deer.  Apparently, it's kind of a big deal.  He wants it mounted.  I told him I would be glad for him to hang it in the washroom.  Anyway, I went to the Taxidermist with him, and as he was talking about a bunch of stuff i didn't care about, he said something that grabbed my attention.  He said, I think of my job as art, a skill that I have been given.  I know you are thinking "he mounds dead dear heads on a peice of wood", but bear with me.  He went on about the detail he has to put into making these Deer heads look real.  Then he said this:  "You know, We can try to make these deer look so real and perfect, and we can even succeed in showing some of their beauty, but no one, no human, can make them look as beautiful as thier creator."  Because what He created is perfect.  He is the Master Artist.  The MOST creative that ever was or will be.  He IS. And He gives.  To us. 

1 comment:

  1. You are so right! I'm always amazed that the Master Artist, and Creator of the universe wants a personal relationship with me! He is truly AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete