Monday, January 31, 2011

Down & Dirty's Mayhave Monday- [white lies]

I am scary protective of my family and the people I love.  Don't talk about them. Don't say anything negative, unless I say it's ok.  I can be negative... but you can't.  My husband, poor thing, learned this early on in our relationship.  He picks on me about it still. I think it runs in our family.  One time I was telling my sister that I was afraid of people thinking I was a loser for quitting college, and she started crying and told me no they wouldnt, because she would beat them up.  Like I said, scary protective. 
So as for Mayhave Monday.... I may or may not have told a little white lie about a family member's success level.  Do you have someone in your family that hasnt quite gotten it figured out yet?  They are still searching for something... for happiness?  In the meantime, they are sort of just butchering their way through life?  I do.  And I feel like everytime someone asks me about this person, I say the same thing.  For privacy purposes, i'll say this person's name is Pat.  How's Pat?  Oh, he's just Pat.  Or, my personal fave... "Is Pat still working for ___?"  No, that was 4 jobs ago.  So this weekend... I may or may not have said that Pat was great and that Pat has been working at his job for a while now.  I wanted to say something positive about Pat, and I wanted to protect Pat from any negative or judgemental thoughts or perceptions.  Because everyone needs to be protected every now and then. We've all been there, butchering our way through life... searching.  Did someone believe in you?  Did someone protect you?  They sure as heck did for me (refer to the above crazy line from my sister). And I truly believe in Pat.  And I want other people to believe in Pat too. So sue me. 
Say something about Pat and i'll kill you. 
Seriously.

3 comments:

  1. to all the "Pats"...I was reminded by one of Pat's relatives..."He that began a good work in "Pat" will bring it to completion."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a very funny sister bear. I'm glad you wrote this post. It made me get a lump in my throat and laugh out loud. THAT is a darn good post!

    Dear, sweet Pat. He will bring that good work to completion. In the meantime we will beat people up if they are mean to or about Pat. We aren't scared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know Pat, but I know you. And for the record, I completely forgot that you may or may not have quit college years ago. Basically, I don't associate that with who you are or how i think of you. You are awesome and wonderful and amazing and funny and cute. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete