Saturday, January 22, 2011

Mister Townsend

This is Stephen aka Mister Townsend aka Mista T aka my husband.  He is a hunk of a man! 
He thinks it's odd that I like to frame pictures of him and put them around the house (only in places that are mine, example: my bathroom, my bedside, my desk).  Lately I have been a little overwhelmed with how blessed I am to have Mister Townsend in my life, as my husband.  As a little girl, you dream about your husband.  What will he look like?  What will his interests be?  What will he do for a living?  Where will he be from?  I was attracted to him immediately.  He was tall (to me), dark, and oh so handsome.  He was funny.  And on top of it all, he was interested in what my dad did for a living.  After I got to know him (he lived across the street from one of my best friends), we were looking out the window one day watching them play football and I said to Katie:  One day I am going to marry him.  No lie.  I really did say that.  And I really did marry him.  Anyway-- back to why I feel so blessed.  First of all-- He is the spiritual leader of our family and he takes that role very seriously.  He loves God more than he loves me.  He prays with me, reads the Word to me, and has conversations about Godly things.  Recently we got the opportunity to go on our first overseas mission trip together and it catapulted us into a whole new level in our marriage. 
Secondly-- He takes care of me.  I am very dependent on him, and probably should be a little less.  He is very much concerned with my health, how I feel on a daily basis, my feelings, taking care of things a man should take care of, etc.  Recently I broke my foot, so I am hobbling around in a boot and on crutches.  Instead of being insensitive to that, he has been the best nurse EVER!  He fixes my plate, brings me coffee, washes all the dishes, drops me off at the door, and even carries my purse for me!  Now that, my friends, is a real man.  :) 
And last, but not least-- We get each other.  My mom and sister pick on us saying that we are the same person in different bodies.  I know that opposites usually attract, but not so much here.  We laugh at the same jokes, have alot of the same interests, have the same sense of humor.  We are both morning people, which works out quite nicely.  He's my very best friend.  The other night, he was in rare form.  Growing up, I had a mother who acted very silly 80% of the time.  So naturally, I am the same way.  Stephen is too!  HOORAY!  I laughed my head off, until I was crying at him, and I love that we can do that for each other.  
Mister T has flaws just like we all do, but he's my Mr. T, and not perfect, but perfect for me.  Forgive me for the sappiness today.. He's out of town and i'm missing him.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Molly! Josh is out of town too, so I know how you are feeling!! I love it that marriage can be so fun and silly too...it's about the funnest thing ever...it pretty much matches the D-now laughs we used to have :)

    ReplyDelete