Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Robes and Green Hunting Boots

Lately I have been feeling sorry for myself.  Being that i'm human and a self absorbed sinner, this is common in the everyday life of Molly Purvis Townsend.  Mostly i've been telling God that i'm ready for a baby.  I keep telling Him that I need for Him to open up adoption in Guatemala or that I need Him to block the birth control (not really, but i kind of wish it sometimes).  The other day I was taking a long jog, and steadily praying.  Praying for the regulars... and suddenly I was overwhelmed with a realization... Holy Spirit... Yes.  As I was praying for our community, our state, and our nation, I began to think about the sacrifice God made during this season.  How He allowed His son to be born into a sick world.  A sinner's world.  It was a bit overwhelming and so I started running harder (it's how I cope).  As I continued to praise God for this gift and sacrifice, He told me something else.  "As you sit here and moan and groan about how YOU want a child and you want me to do something about it, there are mothers all over the world shedding tear upon tear because they have brought a child into this world that they cannot take care of, they cannot feed, they cannot keep warm.  Pray for those women, and i'll give you a child whenever I feel like it's right." PUNCH.ME.IN.THE.GUT.  When I got home, I took a shower, put on my robe and green hunting boots, walked outside, looked at my beautiful yard, my beautiful life, gathered my firewood, and thanked God for exactly where He has me at this moment in life.... and began the journey of praying not for God to give me a child, but for God to deliver those women and children that He made me aware of.   

2 comments:

  1. can i please tell you how much I love you and how much of the SAME PLACE in life I am at? Can you please come to Ruston so we can sit drink coffee and talk? PLEASE??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post, Molly. I don't know why I didn't see this post when I first looked at your site.

    I am amazed by and in awe of the spiritual depth I see in you. You are so precious! Keep sharing!! I pray that God will give you all the desires of your heart.

    I Love You!

    ReplyDelete