Thursday, October 8, 2009

One Year!

Well, Because my sister keeps bugging me about writing on this thing, I am.  Here's to you Emily...

Warning:  We have no children or animals, so this blog could get boring. 

We will be married for a whole year on Sunday!  How exciting!  We're going to Hot Springs for our anniversary... not spectacular, but a great get-away.  I'll post pics after the trip.  Here are the high-lights of our first year of marital bliss (in no particualr order)!
1.  Learning to live with the opposite sex... I am truly a lucky woman.  Stephen is a very clean man.  He washes the dishes every night after dinner if I cooked.  We have also learned each other's funny quirks.  Such as... Stephen likes for me to put the whole toilet seat lid down after every sitting for fear of something falling into the toilet.  I don't like for Stephen to put his feet on me.  Stephen had to learn to wash out the sink of any shaving cream puffs left over from his shave... it gets in my hair when i'm brushing my teeth and I smell like a man the rest of the day.  I had to learn to pick up my makeup,hair dryer, and anything else off of the counter... Stevie likes it to be clean and clear! 
2.  Stephen got a new job in July!  WHOO!  He works for Central Management Company (a company who owns and manages nursing homes around the state of LA).  He got a company car and gets to travel all over the state every week... not to mention a pay raise.  He loves it and I love to see him happy with his work. 
3.  Learning how to enjoy each other's hobbies.  I love to run... Stephen doesn't.  But he goes with me anyway.  Stephen loves to bike... I only kind of like to bike, but we do that together too.  Stephen loves to hunt... I do not.  And we rarely share that hobby but i try to go with him once a year even though climbing in a stand scares the mess out of me.
4.  I love quality time.  Stephen loves to be affirmed by my words.  We are still working on that one daily, but getting better! 
5.  Adelle was born!! (Our neice)
6.  It's the best feeling in the world to know that you get to wake up to your very best friend for the rest of your life.

That is all.  I'll try and be better at this.  Happy Thursday!!

4 comments:

  1. YEAH! I'm going to read your blog even if you don't have a kid or an animal!

    Isn't it so nice to be able say "our niece" instead of "my niece"? I like it a lot. I like thinking of Lyle as an uncle. Old uncle lyle. See? I'm very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. molly wolly! i like not having a child or an animal! hahaha, but sometimes i do think that makes my life boring too! :) I loved reading your blog, your cute and I wish we lived closer so we could be cute married friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly, I just discovered your blog. I loved reading about your first year. And the getting lost story...your feelings of frustration are exactly like mine in that situation. Ask for a GPS! I love you both.

    ReplyDelete