Wednesday, October 24, 2012

7 Months Old

I realize that it has been quite a while since i've posted anything.  Like... 6 months.  But my sister has inspired me to share some things about Emily Ellen especially since I do have lots of family that live in other places besides here!  So here it goes!

Emily Ellen/The Boosk/Boo Boo Bear is growing and learning like crazy!  It amazes me and makes me sad all at the same time.  Stephen and I feel as though we have been thrown a curve ball.  We are both layed back people who just kind of go with the flow.  Very compliant for the most part.  Emily Ellen... not so much.  She's not ok with sitting still.  She really wants to have it her way or else there is back arching and slinging of the arms and head.  It's really quite comical to watch sometimes.  My personal favorite is when i'm trying to change her diaper and she flips her body over.  I've gotten to where I have to hold her down with my legs.  All the while, she's screaming like we just beat her.  Homegirl does not like to be forced to do anything. 

We are having so much fun with her though.  She gives us the sweetest smiles and is learning to give kisses, which are actually soggy open mouth smashes on the face.  I can't help it though... I absolutely love it when she does it! She started crawling about a month ago and is already pulling up on furniture.  This week she has started holding on with one hand and looking at us like 'Do you see what i'm doing?!' 

Some of Emily Ellen's favorite things:
  • Mornings... by far, her most favorite time of day.
  • Bananas
  • Carrots and Sweet Potatoes
  • Climbing and conquering (Daddy's chest in particular)
  • Bath time
  • The remote or a calculator
  • Her ball
  • Her knit blanket
  • Palin and Brees (They can keep her entertained for whole minutes)
  • Outside
  • Jogging with Mama
  • Whisper Screaming (it's so funny... i'm hoping to get a video of it soon)

Emily Ellen would like for all to know that she is not a fan of any green food.  Particularly green beans. 

These days the boosk really really likes for Mama to be in view... favorably in arms reach.  This has been very tiring on this Mama, but like MY mama reminded me... 'You're going to miss this' so I am trying not to be so overwhelmed with 'stuff' and focus on soaking up some playtime with her.  She follows me everywhere and if i'm sitting on the floor with her... you better believe i'm going to be mauled by little tiny hands knees and feet... and sometimes 2 tiny teeth. 

Mama's favorite things:
  • Rocking her to sleep... it is the only time she lets me snuggle with her.  I love to feel her little warm breath. 
  • Watching her discover new things
  • Peeking in on her in the mornings when she first wakes up and is having some discussions with her duck and rabbit.
  • That smile that can brighten any dull day
  • The fact that she squeals when daddy gets home from work
Next post will probably be when she's 1.  ;)

1 comment: