Friday, June 3, 2011

Adoption--heavy on my heart

As most of you know, Stephen and I have been praying about adoption from Guatemala for about a year now.  It has been truly humbling to see how God has changed my prayers throughout the year.  I know we are suppose to adopt at some point.  Adoption in Guatemala is currently closed due to some very terrible things happening to the children and families.  It has also been so humbling to see how every time I start to doubt, or give up praying for these babies, God reaffirms His call for Stephen and I.  Of course, I then can never understand why I doubted in the first place.  He is faithful.  Stephen is patient.  Very patient.  I am not... so I keep telling God, "i'm not getting any younger here..."  "What's the deal God?  I thought you wanted us to do this!"  In His ever so gentle way, he nudges me and says "my timing is perfect.  Submit to my will everyday.  My plan is perfect in every way."  I pray for our child everyday... whether he/she is born yet or not,  I pray for his/her mother.  I pray that God will give her peace and comfort in allowing someone else to raise her baby boy or girl.  These women... alot of them... are literally unable to care for children.  It's not a matter of abuse in a lot of cases, it's a matter of incapability.  I pray for her salvation.  I pray that if our child is in an orphanage, that God will wrap His arms around him/her and comfort him/her in their loneliness and fill the void that comes with not having a mother or father to nurture and love them everyday.  I pray for his/her safety.  I pray for the orphanages, that as the rate of orphans grow, that these institutes will grow.  That they will be able to have staff and funding to take care of these children.  This is heavy on my heart right now.  I'm not sure why, but God is calling me to pray continuously for this country, this issue, these babies.  Please join me.  Please pray for the children, the families, the families that have been waiting since 2007 to go get their child, the orphanages, government.  Pray that God will give Stephen and I wisdom and guidance.  Peace.  Pray that if and when adoption opens up that he will make it clear to us how many to adopt.  (Most organizations prefer to keep siblings together).  Most of all, pray that all of this will bring glory to His holy name.  That souls will be saved, and that He will be sought for wisdom by everyone involved. 

If you're ever interested in news about adoption, this site usually has up to date information. 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I love you, Molly. It is so exciting to see the ways God is working in your heart. I understand the questions concerning his timing but also know that his timing is perfect and we must trust his sovereignty. I so look forward to seeing how all of this plays out in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will certainly keep the two of you in my prayers. You are such a loving person and you're going to be an amazing Mommy one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sister bear. I do love you a lot...and your heart. I'm praying. And cannot wait to one day love the mess out of that sweet baby!!

    ReplyDelete